Makes 8 | Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
4 SmartPoints on Green & Blue and 3 SmartPoints per cake on Purple
VEG, DF, NF
- 1 cup (200g) rinsed and drained canned lentils
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 60g no added sugar dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2½ tbs flour
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp reduced-fat oil spread
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Process lentils in a small food processor until they form a paste. Add maple syrup and pulse to combine.
- Transfer lentil mixture to a large microwave-safe bowl. Add chocolate and microwave on High (100%) for 40 seconds, or until chocolate is completely melted. Stir through lentil mixture. Add egg and stir to combine. Fold in flour, cocoa and a pinch of salt. Place 8 WW silicone tart moulds onto a baking tray. Divide mixture evenly among moulds.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat oil spread, sugar and vanilla with electric beaters on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in oats. Evenly spoon oat mixture on top of each lentil base. Use the back of a spoon to press oat mixture gently into lentil base. Bake cakes for 15-20 minutes, until oats are golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes before gently turning out. Serve warm.