Makes 8 | Prep: 10 minutes + resting | Cook: 30 minutes
3 PersonalPoints per roll
DF, NF, VEG, V
- 10g fresh yeast
- 1⅔ cups (250g) wholemeal flour, plus extra for dusting
- 20g mixed seeds
- Lightly dust the WW Mini Bread Mould tray with flour and set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in a large glass or stainless steel bowl with 150ml lukewarm water. Stand for 5-10 minutes, until mixture begins to foam on top. Stir in flour, seeds and ¾ teaspoon salt and mix with a wooden spoon until dough comes together to form a sticky ball.
- Use wet hands to knead dough on a lightly floured work surface for about 10-12 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Shape into a log about 32cm in length. Divide into 8 x 4cm-long pieces and place into prepared bread moulds. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest at room temperature for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Fill a shallow-sided baking tray with water and place on bottom shelf of oven. Lightly score each dough with a knife, then bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Stand for 5 minutes before gently turning out onto a wire rack. Lightly dust with flour and allow to cool completely before serving.
Cook’s tip: Fresh yeast is available at delicatessens or greengrocers. Alternatively you can replace it with 5g dry yeast. Refer to the Mini Baguettes recipe for guidance on how to incorporate dry yeast.
Sprinkle with extra mixed seeds for a textured garnish.