Makes 2 | Prep: 5 minutes + Freezing | Cook: 2 minutes
5 PersonalPoints per poptail
GF, DF, NF, VEG, V
This is no traditional margarita, as we’ve used coconut rum in place of tequila, but don’t be fooled! Everything you love about a classic margy is there - zesty lime and the infamous salt rim, but with a tropical twist of pineapple and coconut. Oh, and did we mention for half the PersonalPoints of a traditional marg?!
PINEAPPLE & COCONUT POPSICLES
- 2 tbs monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1½ tbs no added sugar pineapple juice
- 1½ tbs light coconut milk
- 2 nips (60ml) coconut rum
- 3 nips (90ml) margarita mix (see tip)
- 200ml lime sparkling mineral water
- 2 slices dried lime or fresh lime slices (optional)
- To make popsicles, heat sweetener and 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until it comes to the boil. Turn off heat and stir through 1 cup of ice to chill syrup, then strain into a small bowl. Mix lime juice, pineapple juice, coconut milk and syrup in a small bowl or jug. Divide between 2 x ¼ cup (60ml) capacity WW popsicle moulds. Place lid on top and freeze for 6 hours, or overnight, until frozen solid.
- To make the salt rim, take the lime that you juiced for the popsicles and rub the flesh all around the rim of 2 x 200ml capacity margarita glasses. Place 2 teaspoons of salt on a small plate, then roll the rim of the glasses into the salt to coat. Set aside.
- Stir rum and margarita mix in a cocktail shaker or measuring jug. Top with mineral water, then gently stir. Divide cocktail mixture evenly between salted margarita glasses. Carefully release popsicles from moulds and place into glasses. Top with dried lime (if using) and serve.
TIPS: We recommend using triple sec flavoured margarita mix, available at all major bottle shops and some major supermarkets, but if you can’t find it, any margarita mix will do. Be careful not to over-stir when you add the mineral water, as you don’t want to stir out all the bubbles.