Makes 2 | Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes
9 PersonalPoints per pizza pocket
Cheesy homemade pizza pockets? Yes please! With just 2 ingredients, you can make your own dough, then stuff it with cheese and pepperoni for a jaffle-inspired sandwich that is sure to satisfy your pizza cravings. Change it up with whatever fillings you prefer - ham would go nicely, or sub pepperoni for mushrooms for a vegetarian option.
- 2 tsp pizza sauce
- 4 x 4g slices pepperoni
- 2 tbs grated light tasty cheese
- 100g 99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
- 100g self-raising flour
- Mix flour, yoghurt and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until combined. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for about 2 minutes, or until smooth. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, then roll out into 10cm rounds (3mm thick).
- Preheat the WW Mini Waffle Maker and lightly spray both cooking surfaces with oil. Spread half the pizza sauce over 1 dough piece, top with 2 pepperoni slices and half the cheese. Carefully place another dough piece over the top of pizza, pressing around the edges to combine dough pieces together. Gently press pizza pocket down to flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough pieces to make 2 pizza pockets in total.
- Place 1 pizza pocket onto the bottom cooking surface of waffle maker, then carefully pull cover down (cover will not completely close). Cook for 8-9 minutes, rotating pizza pocket 180° halfway through (see tip), until dough is puffed up and golden. Carefully transfer pizza pocket to a plate using a rubber spatula and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining pizza pocket, lightly spraying cooking surfaces with oil in between. Serve warm.
- As the pizza pockets are quite bulky, you will need to them in the waffle maker while cooking, to ensure they flatten evenly.