Makes 8 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 45 minutes
2 SmartPoints per muffin on Green, Blue & Purple
⅓ cup (55g) quinoa, rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs 99% fat-free plain yoghurt
- 20g chia seeds
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (50g) wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Combine quinoa and ⅔ cup (165ml) water in a medium saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C. Whisk egg and yoghurt in a small bowl until combined. Stir in chia seeds, cooked quinoa, carrots and lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in flour and baking powder.
- Place 8 WW silicone muffin moulds onto a baking tray. Divide mixture evenly among moulds and bake for 25-30 minutes, until muffins are golden and a skewer inserted into centres comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes before gently turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Cook’s tip: Serve with a salad of mixed leaves on the side.