Makes 8 | Prep: 25 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes
5-6 PersonalPoints range per tart
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbs almond meal
- 1 tbs 99% fat-free plain yoghurt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 reduced-fat frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 3 red apples
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine egg, sugar, almond meal, yoghurt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 x 9cm diameter rounds and discard offcuts. Place 8 WW silicone tart moulds onto a baking tray. Place pastry rounds into moulds. Divide almond mixture evenly over the top of pastry.
- Core and peel apples into ribbons. Working from outside of tarts, carefully press apple ribbons into almond mixture, arranging to form a rose or spiral pattern. Brush apple ribbons evenly with maple syrup.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until apple is lightly browned and pastry is cooked. Stand for 5 minutes before gently turning out. Serve warm.
Cook’s tip: We used Pink Lady apples, but you could use any variety of red apple. Use a cookie cutter or drinking glass to cut rounds from pastry.