Makes 1 | Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 3 minutes
8-9 PersonalPoints range per serve
There’s something about steamed bread that is just so comforting, and who knew it could be done in the microwave?!
- 50g 99% fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 50g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp garlic flakes
- 20g grated light tasty cheese
- 1 tsp finely grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix yoghurt, flour and a pinch of salt in a small bowl until combined. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 3-5 minutes, until smooth. Roll dough out into a round about the size of the omelette maker (18cm), using a little extra flour if needed to prevent dough sticking. Carefully transfer dough to lay flat in omelette maker. Lightly spray dough with water (see tip).
- Microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and sprinkle tasty cheese over bread. Cook on High (100%) for a further 30 seconds, until cheese starts to melt. Carefully enclose omelette maker to fold bread over (cheese will continue to melt). Open omelette maker and gently slide bread onto a serving plate using a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (if using) and serve immediately.
- Spraying the dough with water will help to create a moist environment for the bread to steam. The easiest way is to wet your fingers under the tap and flick the water onto the bread.
- Bread will stay blonde in colour rather than going golden.
Recipe developed by WW Food Content & Database Specialist - Katherine Christie